Former Modesto Police Officer Charged With Sexual Assault While On Duty
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A former Modesto police officer was arrested on Thursday and accused of forcing a woman to perform a sex act on him while he was on duty.
Lee Freddie Gaines II, was an officer with the Modesto Police Department for five years before he was placed on administrative leave in January and eventually relieved of his duties in February during the internal investigation, according to the department.
He is accused of criminal sexual violations against an adult female while he was working in uniform in his police officer capacity.
A grand jury indicted Gaines on Thursday on several felony charges, which include oral copulation by force, violence, duress, or fear of bodily injury, being armed with a firearm in the commission of a sexual offense, and a felony sex offense enhancement.
Gaines was arrested at his Modesto residence Thursday afternoon and after a brief court appearance, he was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail.
“Those who are sworn to enforce the law have a special obligation to obey it,” said Modesto Police Chief Michael Harden in a prepared statement. “I’m disappointed and disgusted at this former officer’s conduct. His actions were abhorrent and not representative of the dedicated staff who work tirelessly to serve the community.”
The case in now in the hands of the Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office. Gaines’ next court date wasn’t immediately available.