Several People Hurt As Light Rail Train And Car Collide
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Eight people were taken to the hospital after a car ignored crossing arms and flashing lights and was hit by a Regional Transit Light Rail train in downtown Sacramento, according to police.
The accident happened shortly before 12:30pm at 34th Street and Stockton Boulevard.
A car was travelling on R Street and attempted to turn onto Stockton Boulevard.
“Unfortunately there was a light rail train coming. The arms were down and the lights were flashing and the vehicle still attempted to make that turn and collided with the train,” said Sacramento Police Public Information Officer Laura Peck.
Five people in the car, including three children aged 2, 7 and 17, were taken to the hospital with minor to moderate injuries. Three people from the train were also transported complaining of pain,
The crash is still under investigation.