Several People Hurt As Light Rail Train And Car Collide
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Eight people were taken to the hospital after a car ignored crossing arms and flashing lights and was hit by a Regional Transit Light Rail train in downtown Sacramento, according to police.
The accident happened shortly before 12:30pm at 34th Street and Stockton Boulevard.
A car was travelling on R Street and attempted to turn onto Stockton Boulevard.
“Unfortunately there was a light rail train coming. The arms were down and the lights were flashing and the vehicle still attempted to make that turn and collided with the train,” said Sacramento Police Public Information Officer Laura Peck.
Five people in the car, including three children aged 2, 7 and 17, were taken to the hospital with minor to moderate injuries. Three people from the train were also transported complaining of pain,
The crash is still under investigation.