Several People Hurt As Light Rail Train And Car Collide
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Eight people were taken to the hospital after a car ignored crossing arms and flashing lights and was hit by a Regional Transit Light Rail train in downtown Sacramento, according to police.
The accident happened shortly before 12:30pm at 34th Street and Stockton Boulevard.
A car was travelling on R Street and attempted to turn onto Stockton Boulevard.
“Unfortunately there was a light rail train coming. The arms were down and the lights were flashing and the vehicle still attempted to make that turn and collided with the train,” said Sacramento Police Public Information Officer Laura Peck.
Five people in the car, including three children aged 2, 7 and 17, were taken to the hospital with minor to moderate injuries. Three people from the train were also transported complaining of pain,
The crash is still under investigation.