LA Police Say Woman Commits Suicide With Chainsaw
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles County coroner’s officials have identified a woman who killed herself with a chainsaw in the bedroom of her Palms townhouse.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says 47-year-old Valerie Nash was in bed and had a self-inflicted neck wound. A chainsaw was in the room.
Winter says authorities will try to determine whether she had a history of depression and whether she was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Police Officer Norma Eisenman says the woman may have been dead for as long as a day.
She says the woman’s sister discovered the body and called police at around 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
A suicide note was found but details haven’t been released.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.