LA Police Say Woman Commits Suicide With Chainsaw
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles County coroner’s officials have identified a woman who killed herself with a chainsaw in the bedroom of her Palms townhouse.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says 47-year-old Valerie Nash was in bed and had a self-inflicted neck wound. A chainsaw was in the room.
Winter says authorities will try to determine whether she had a history of depression and whether she was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Police Officer Norma Eisenman says the woman may have been dead for as long as a day.
She says the woman’s sister discovered the body and called police at around 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
A suicide note was found but details haven’t been released.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.