Police: Fairfield Man Stabs Ex-Wife Multiple Times
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 47-year-old Fairfield man has been charged with trying to kill his ex-wife after he stabbed her multiple times Thursday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to the 2000 block of Peach Tree Drive shortly after 4 p.m. and found a 39-year-old woman suffering from several stab wounds to her head and abdomen. She was transported by ambulance to Northbay Medical Center in serious condition.
Officers arrested the suspect at the scene and identified him as Gustavo Ibarra of Fairfield. Ibarra, the victim’s ex-husband, was subdued by family members of the victim who were present during the assault, police said.
Officers learned that Ibarra had come to the residence and confronted the victim while armed with several bladed weapons, all of which were recovered at the scene.
Ibarra was reportedly combative with arresting officers and was transported to Solano County Jail where he was booked on charges of attempted murder and an unrelated traffic warrant.