Police: Fairfield Man Stabs Ex-Wife Multiple Times
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 47-year-old Fairfield man has been charged with trying to kill his ex-wife after he stabbed her multiple times Thursday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to the 2000 block of Peach Tree Drive shortly after 4 p.m. and found a 39-year-old woman suffering from several stab wounds to her head and abdomen. She was transported by ambulance to Northbay Medical Center in serious condition.
Officers arrested the suspect at the scene and identified him as Gustavo Ibarra of Fairfield. Ibarra, the victim’s ex-husband, was subdued by family members of the victim who were present during the assault, police said.
Officers learned that Ibarra had come to the residence and confronted the victim while armed with several bladed weapons, all of which were recovered at the scene.
Ibarra was reportedly combative with arresting officers and was transported to Solano County Jail where he was booked on charges of attempted murder and an unrelated traffic warrant.