Police: Fairfield Man Stabs Ex-Wife Multiple Times
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 47-year-old Fairfield man has been charged with trying to kill his ex-wife after he stabbed her multiple times Thursday afternoon, according to police.
Officers responded to the 2000 block of Peach Tree Drive shortly after 4 p.m. and found a 39-year-old woman suffering from several stab wounds to her head and abdomen. She was transported by ambulance to Northbay Medical Center in serious condition.
Officers arrested the suspect at the scene and identified him as Gustavo Ibarra of Fairfield. Ibarra, the victim’s ex-husband, was subdued by family members of the victim who were present during the assault, police said.
Officers learned that Ibarra had come to the residence and confronted the victim while armed with several bladed weapons, all of which were recovered at the scene.
Ibarra was reportedly combative with arresting officers and was transported to Solano County Jail where he was booked on charges of attempted murder and an unrelated traffic warrant.