Apple Has Sold 3 Million iPads
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) — Apple Inc. says it has sold 3 million iPads since Friday when it released the latest version of the tablet computer.
The new, third model comes with a faster processor, a much sharper screen and an improved camera. As with the previous models, prices start at $499 in the U.S.
Apple said Monday that this is its strongest launch for an iPad yet.
The Cupertino, Calif., company began selling the latest tablet computer in the U.S. and nine other countries Friday and will begin selling it in 24 more countries at the end of this week.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.