Snowboarder Dies At Sugar Bowl Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
DONNER SUMMIT (CBS13) – A snowboarder was killed Monday on a run at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort.
Justin McCullum, 20, of Roseville, was an employee of the resort and was riding with friends on the Strawberry Fields run at around 2:30 p.m. when he didn’t make it to the bottom. His friends apparently went back up and found him upside down in a tree well and called 911, according to Sgt. Paul Walker of the Placer County Sheriff’s Dept.
Ski patrol performed first aid on McCullum then brought him down the hill where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family.
Strawberry Fields is described as an advanced run.