Snowboarder Dies At Sugar Bowl Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
DONNER SUMMIT (CBS13) – A snowboarder was killed Monday on a run at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort.
Justin McCullum, 20, of Roseville, was an employee of the resort and was riding with friends on the Strawberry Fields run at around 2:30 p.m. when he didn’t make it to the bottom. His friends apparently went back up and found him upside down in a tree well and called 911, according to Sgt. Paul Walker of the Placer County Sheriff’s Dept.
Ski patrol performed first aid on McCullum then brought him down the hill where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family.
Strawberry Fields is described as an advanced run.