Snowboarder Dies At Sugar Bowl Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
DONNER SUMMIT (CBS13) – A snowboarder was killed Monday on a run at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort.
Justin McCullum, 20, of Roseville, was an employee of the resort and was riding with friends on the Strawberry Fields run at around 2:30 p.m. when he didn’t make it to the bottom. His friends apparently went back up and found him upside down in a tree well and called 911, according to Sgt. Paul Walker of the Placer County Sheriff’s Dept.
Ski patrol performed first aid on McCullum then brought him down the hill where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family.
Strawberry Fields is described as an advanced run.