Snowboarder Dies At Sugar Bowl Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
DONNER SUMMIT (CBS13) – A snowboarder was killed Monday on a run at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort.
Justin McCullum, 20, of Roseville, was an employee of the resort and was riding with friends on the Strawberry Fields run at around 2:30 p.m. when he didn’t make it to the bottom. His friends apparently went back up and found him upside down in a tree well and called 911, according to Sgt. Paul Walker of the Placer County Sheriff’s Dept.
Ski patrol performed first aid on McCullum then brought him down the hill where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family.
Strawberry Fields is described as an advanced run.