Snowboarder Dies At Sugar Bowl Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DONNER SUMMIT (CBS13) – A snowboarder was killed Monday on a run at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort.
Justin McCullum, 20, of Roseville, was an employee of the resort and was riding with friends on the Strawberry Fields run at around 2:30 p.m. when he didn’t make it to the bottom. His friends apparently went back up and found him upside down in a tree well and called 911, according to Sgt. Paul Walker of the Placer County Sheriff’s Dept.
Ski patrol performed first aid on McCullum then brought him down the hill where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family.
Strawberry Fields is described as an advanced run.