Riverbank Councilman Pleads Not Guilty To Felony DUI
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – The embattled Riverbank city councilman accused of child endangerment and felony drunken driving appeared before a judge Wednesday.
Jesse James White, 23, pleaded not guilty in his first court appearance.
Last month White allegedly fled a crash and left his 4-year-old son bleeding in White’s banged up Corvette. Witnesses reportedly held him down until police arrived.
According to a court document, White’s blood alcohol level during the incident was .24, three times the legal driving limit.
White declined to comment at the Stanislaus County Courthouse on Wednesday, but his attorney lashed out at the media coverage. When she was asked if White is going to alcohol rehab, Mary Lynn Belsher barked, “That’s not your business.”
When asked how she would prove White’s innocence, she replied, “Well that’s not your concern now, is it? Your concern is selling newspapers, selling airtime.”
White’s critics, including Riverbank Mayor Virginia Madueño, have called for his resignation. She’s also asked that he produce a doctor’s note after missing every City Council meeting since his arrest Feb. 20.
White is due back in court next month.