Riverbank Councilman Pleads Not Guilty To Felony DUI
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – The embattled Riverbank city councilman accused of child endangerment and felony drunken driving appeared before a judge Wednesday.
Jesse James White, 23, pleaded not guilty in his first court appearance.
Last month White allegedly fled a crash and left his 4-year-old son bleeding in White’s banged up Corvette. Witnesses reportedly held him down until police arrived.
According to a court document, White’s blood alcohol level during the incident was .24, three times the legal driving limit.
White declined to comment at the Stanislaus County Courthouse on Wednesday, but his attorney lashed out at the media coverage. When she was asked if White is going to alcohol rehab, Mary Lynn Belsher barked, “That’s not your business.”
When asked how she would prove White’s innocence, she replied, “Well that’s not your concern now, is it? Your concern is selling newspapers, selling airtime.”
White’s critics, including Riverbank Mayor Virginia Madueño, have called for his resignation. She’s also asked that he produce a doctor’s note after missing every City Council meeting since his arrest Feb. 20.
White is due back in court next month.