Greyhound Bus Catches Fire In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Greyhound bus caught fire in downtown Stockton on Tuesday afternoon but none of the passengers were injured.
The back of the bus was engulfed in flames at Center and Washington streets shortly before 4 p.m. The roadway reopened at about 5 p.m. after the bus was towed away.
Watch Raw Bus Fire Video:
The flames were quickly extinguished. There were 26 passengers on board and the bus, traveling from Sacramento, was just a block from the Stockton station when it caught fire.
Another driver noticed the rear of the bus was on fire and caught up to the bus driver at a stop light, pounding on his window to alert him to the situation.
Passengers told CBS13 they smelled something funny and has asked the driver to pull over. The bus driver told CBS13 he didn’t know what sparked the fire, but it appears to be a mechanical issue