Modesto Store Hot Spot For Mega Millions Tickets
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Hoping to win the $363 million jackpot Tuesday night, Lotto players were flocking to Obrien’s Market in Modesto after the store sold a lucky ticket last week.
On Friday, one of Obrien’s regular customers won $260,000 for picking five out of six winning numbers.
Since then, the store manager says nearly every customer buying groceries has also purchased a Mega Millions ticket and lotto players have come in from as far as Bakersfield.
Richard O’Brien said customers started spending a couple of dollars on tickets and that has changed to a “couple of hundreds of dollars.”
Customers snapping up tickets are hoping “lightening might strike twice at the same place,” as one man said as he made his Lotto purchase.
Another winner would make it three strikes for Obrien’s Market in Roseberg Square. The store sold a $1 million winning ticket back in the 1980s.