cbs13headerlogo-1 SPORTS1140HeaderLogo gooddayheaderlogo (1)

News

Carbon Dioxide Leak Sickens Workers At Food Plant

View Comments
Ambulance
Don't Miss This

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Features

VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — More than 70 workers at a Northern California food processing plant are being sent to hospitals after being exposed to a carbon dioxide gas leak.

Television footage shows workers being treated Friday afternoon outside Ghiringhelli Specialty Foods in Vallejo.

Vallejo fire officials told KTVU-TV the leak has been capped but nearly all 74 workers at the plant suffered some effects from the gas.

Firefighters arriving at the scene saw about a dozen workers outside with symptoms of carbon dioxide exposure, including vomiting, respiratory problems and difficulty seeing.

First responders said they didn’t expect workers to suffer long-term effects from the exposure.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus