Carbon Dioxide Leak Sickens Workers At Food Plant
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — More than 70 workers at a Northern California food processing plant are being sent to hospitals after being exposed to a carbon dioxide gas leak.
Television footage shows workers being treated Friday afternoon outside Ghiringhelli Specialty Foods in Vallejo.
Vallejo fire officials told KTVU-TV the leak has been capped but nearly all 74 workers at the plant suffered some effects from the gas.
Firefighters arriving at the scene saw about a dozen workers outside with symptoms of carbon dioxide exposure, including vomiting, respiratory problems and difficulty seeing.
First responders said they didn’t expect workers to suffer long-term effects from the exposure.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.