Ladies In Their 80s Get Ready For Half Marathon
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - Don’t mess with Phyllis McGee.
At 84, she spends an hour on her treadmill every single day.
“I go for a half-hour like this and I rest and come back and do another half an hour,” said McGee.
It turns out McGee’s footwork laid the groundwork for her first ever marathon. But Sunday, it’s a half marathon that she’s splitting with a partner; but it’s still six miles solo.
Think that’s impressive? Meet her partner Helen Baker. She’s 88, but, full of life.
“I enjoy walking,” said Baker.
It’s about power and speed for her.
“Well, I do extensive walking 2 to 3 times a week” said Baker.
That’s about 21 miles a week. At quite a clip that’s three and a half miles an hour.
McGee and Baker are two seniors who are an inspiration for anyone following in their footsteps.
“My first marathon, I thought, never in my life would I do anything like this,” said Baker.