Ladies In Their 80s Get Ready For Half Marathon
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - Don’t mess with Phyllis McGee.
At 84, she spends an hour on her treadmill every single day.
“I go for a half-hour like this and I rest and come back and do another half an hour,” said McGee.
It turns out McGee’s footwork laid the groundwork for her first ever marathon. But Sunday, it’s a half marathon that she’s splitting with a partner; but it’s still six miles solo.
Think that’s impressive? Meet her partner Helen Baker. She’s 88, but, full of life.
“I enjoy walking,” said Baker.
It’s about power and speed for her.
“Well, I do extensive walking 2 to 3 times a week” said Baker.
That’s about 21 miles a week. At quite a clip that’s three and a half miles an hour.
McGee and Baker are two seniors who are an inspiration for anyone following in their footsteps.
“My first marathon, I thought, never in my life would I do anything like this,” said Baker.