Man Dies In North Highlands Mobile Home Fire
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) – A fire at a mobile home in North Highlands has claimed the life of one person, according to officials.
Sac Metro Fire Department firefighters responded to a home at Fairway Estates Mobile Community located in the 4100 block of Minuteman Lane at around 7:30 a.m. Saturday with reports of a fire at a home with a person trapped inside.
Witnesses say the trailer was engulfed in flames in just a matter of seconds.
“And it was scary because the flames were so high,” said Penny Miles, who saw the fire. “They were just chopping and sawing on the back part of the proeprty trying to get to the gentleman that was inside but it was already too late.”
Firefighters began to fight the blaze and immediately started searching. Inside, they found the homeowner, a man in his fifties, who had died.
Crews were able to contain the fire to just one home. A car parked next to the home also caught fire.
Bobbi Bouie, who lives a few homes away from the one that burned, says she heard explosions and watched as fire consumed the structure.
“I just saw him yesterday,” said Bouie.
Bouie said the victim was a quiet man.
“Refined; didn’t talk to people but he was very nice. A good neighbor,” she said.
Firefighters have not said what caused the fire.
A year and a half ago a home caught fire at the same mobile home park, claiming the life of a woman.