Local Girl Collecting Books For Disadvantaged Children
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A local 11-year-old girl is giving young kids a chance to read one book at a time. “Every Child Deserves A Book” was started by 11-year-old Victoria Dix for a Girl Scout project.
Victoria’s goal is to collect 200 books and donate them to other kids ages 0 to 5.
When she was little, Victoria had books to read and wanted to give everyone the same opportunity.
“When I was a kid I had so many books and I felt like some kids didn’t have an opportunity to read. And then they fell behind in school and I wanted to make a difference,” said Victoria.
So far, Victoria has collected around 110 books. She has even donated some from her personal library.