Local Girl Collecting Books For Disadvantaged Children
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A local 11-year-old girl is giving young kids a chance to read one book at a time. “Every Child Deserves A Book” was started by 11-year-old Victoria Dix for a Girl Scout project.
Victoria’s goal is to collect 200 books and donate them to other kids ages 0 to 5.
When she was little, Victoria had books to read and wanted to give everyone the same opportunity.
“When I was a kid I had so many books and I felt like some kids didn’t have an opportunity to read. And then they fell behind in school and I wanted to make a difference,” said Victoria.
So far, Victoria has collected around 110 books. She has even donated some from her personal library.