Local Girl Collecting Books For Disadvantaged Children
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A local 11-year-old girl is giving young kids a chance to read one book at a time. “Every Child Deserves A Book” was started by 11-year-old Victoria Dix for a Girl Scout project.
Victoria’s goal is to collect 200 books and donate them to other kids ages 0 to 5.
When she was little, Victoria had books to read and wanted to give everyone the same opportunity.
“When I was a kid I had so many books and I felt like some kids didn’t have an opportunity to read. And then they fell behind in school and I wanted to make a difference,” said Victoria.
So far, Victoria has collected around 110 books. She has even donated some from her personal library.