Gilley To Stand Trial For Murder Of Dalene Carlson
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Dalene Carson’s mother was overcome with emotion when a San Joaquin County Superior Court judge ruled there was enough evidence to try Jason Gilley for kidnapping, raping and murdering the Stockton new comer in August.
“He has a son, but why take someone else’s life because of selfishness. He was mad but he didn’t think of his son when he took my daughter away,” said Narlene Flagg.
During the three day preliminary hearing a dozen witnesses testified, revealing in part that Gilley gave a false alibi, changed his story multiple times, and was likely in possession of the murder weapon during the night Dalene vanished from Finnegan’s Bar.
A few months later a farm worker discovered Dalene’s naked body, shot execution style and dumped in a cornfield about 30 miles from the spot Dalene disappeared.
Prosecutors say, during the trial they will show additional evidence to prove they have their killer.
“We will have all the cell phone evidence come in with all the experts, the actual texts, and where phone calls were made,” said Deputy District Attorney Robert Himelblau.
Gilley faces life behind bars without the possibility of parole, and the district attorney could still pursue the death penalty.
“I want him to suffer for what he has done. Death is too easy for him, too easy,” said Narlene.