Gilley To Stand Trial For Murder Of Dalene Carlson
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Dalene Carson’s mother was overcome with emotion when a San Joaquin County Superior Court judge ruled there was enough evidence to try Jason Gilley for kidnapping, raping and murdering the Stockton new comer in August.
“He has a son, but why take someone else’s life because of selfishness. He was mad but he didn’t think of his son when he took my daughter away,” said Narlene Flagg.
During the three day preliminary hearing a dozen witnesses testified, revealing in part that Gilley gave a false alibi, changed his story multiple times, and was likely in possession of the murder weapon during the night Dalene vanished from Finnegan’s Bar.
A few months later a farm worker discovered Dalene’s naked body, shot execution style and dumped in a cornfield about 30 miles from the spot Dalene disappeared.
Prosecutors say, during the trial they will show additional evidence to prove they have their killer.
“We will have all the cell phone evidence come in with all the experts, the actual texts, and where phone calls were made,” said Deputy District Attorney Robert Himelblau.
Gilley faces life behind bars without the possibility of parole, and the district attorney could still pursue the death penalty.
“I want him to suffer for what he has done. Death is too easy for him, too easy,” said Narlene.