Stolen Car Chase Ends In Apartment Complex Crash
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A driver is in custody after leading police on a pursuit through Sacramento for several miles before crashing into the parking lot of an apartment complex.
Police say a patrol unit saw the speeding car on Sutterville and Freeport Boulevard.
When officers tried to pull the vehicle over, the driver took off leading them on a chase that reached speeds of 80 miles an hour.
The driver finally lost control at 12th and G streets in downtown Sacramento, narrowly missing someone walking in the area, slamming through a fence and side-swiping a couple of cars in an apartment complex parking lot.
Police say the car was reported stolen just hours before.