Suspect Fires Shots After Head-On Collision
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Early Saturday morning a suspect fired shots after a head-on collision at the intersection of West El Camino Avenue and Dorine Way.
At 2:45 a.m., Sacramento police responded to calls of a collision and 29-year-old Russell Grant, firing multiple rounds in random directions.
After an officer arrived at the scene, the suspect stepped out of his vehicle wielding a rifle and proceeded to approach the officer. Failing to comply with multiple commands to surrender, the officer, fearing for his life, fired at the suspect.
The suspect did not surrender until additional officers arrived at the scene.
No one was injured from the fired shots. However, the suspect was transported to an area hospital due to the collision.