Police Officer Fatally Shoots Man Inside Fairfield Home
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 51-year-old man was shot in an encounter with a Fairfield police officer Monday night and later died at an area hospital.
The department confirmed the incident happened in the 700 block of Gold Coast Drive, a normally quiet residential area near Dover Avenue, around 6 p.m.
Police say the suspect opened the door and immediately started struggling with the officer, a 16-year veteran who was following up on another case that led him to the house on Gold Coast, near Fairfield High School. The officer did call for backup but shot the man before other officers could arrive, police said. He was shot just inside the doorway.
Two people who were in the house were taken to the police station as witnesses.
A neighbor told CBS13 that an elderly woman and her adult son who live in the home police responded to have a history of fighting.
The man’s and the officer’s names were being withheld Monday night.
The Solano County District Attorney’s Office will investigate the shooting.