Runaway Big Rig Driver Dies After Load Shifts, Crushing Cab
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (AP) — A man who tried to stop his 18-wheeler on a runaway truck ramp in Incline Village is dead after the load shifted forward and crushed the cab.
Nevada Highway Patrol officials who responded to the scene on State Route 431 just before 3 p.m. Monday say they’re still investigating why the man needed to take the ramp.
They say his truck and trailer stopped at the end of the ramp, but a load of composite decking materials slid forward and smashed the cab.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident.
Emergency crews from North Lake Tahoe worked into the evening Monday to extricate the driver.
The man’s identity has not yet been released.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.