Runaway Big Rig Driver Dies After Load Shifts, Crushing Cab
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (AP) — A man who tried to stop his 18-wheeler on a runaway truck ramp in Incline Village is dead after the load shifted forward and crushed the cab.
Nevada Highway Patrol officials who responded to the scene on State Route 431 just before 3 p.m. Monday say they’re still investigating why the man needed to take the ramp.
They say his truck and trailer stopped at the end of the ramp, but a load of composite decking materials slid forward and smashed the cab.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident.
Emergency crews from North Lake Tahoe worked into the evening Monday to extricate the driver.
The man’s identity has not yet been released.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.