Runaway Big Rig Driver Dies After Load Shifts, Crushing Cab
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (AP) — A man who tried to stop his 18-wheeler on a runaway truck ramp in Incline Village is dead after the load shifted forward and crushed the cab.
Nevada Highway Patrol officials who responded to the scene on State Route 431 just before 3 p.m. Monday say they’re still investigating why the man needed to take the ramp.
They say his truck and trailer stopped at the end of the ramp, but a load of composite decking materials slid forward and smashed the cab.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident.
Emergency crews from North Lake Tahoe worked into the evening Monday to extricate the driver.
The man’s identity has not yet been released.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.