Magnitude-4.1 Quake Hits Off Northern California Coast
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
PETROLIA, Calif. (AP) — An offshore earthquake has been reported along California’s north coast.
A U.S. Geological Survey computer-generated report says the magnitude-4.1 quake struck at 1:38 a.m. Friday and was centered 36 miles west of Petrolia, which is about 260 miles north of San Francisco.
A Humboldt County sheriff’s dispatcher says there have been no calls about damage or injury, adding she didn’t even feel the quake.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.