Christian Brothers Graduate Drafted In NFL
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
NEW YORK (CBS13) – Christian Brothers High School graduate Asa Jackson has been drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the 5th round of the 2012 NFL Draft, 169th overall.
Jackson graduated from Christian Brothers in 2008 and played both quarterback and defensive back. After graduating, he went on to play for Cal Poly.
“Asa was phenomenal on the field, on the track and in the classroom,” said Christian Brothers President Lorcan Barnes. “Reaching that level of success is no accident. It is a thrill for us to see him achieve this dream.”
Jackson impressed NFL scouts by running a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and bench pressing 225 pounds 19 times. He was a four-time All-Great West Conference pick for Cal Poly and was named a Sports Network All-American.