Christian Brothers Graduate Drafted In NFL
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
NEW YORK (CBS13) – Christian Brothers High School graduate Asa Jackson has been drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the 5th round of the 2012 NFL Draft, 169th overall.
Jackson graduated from Christian Brothers in 2008 and played both quarterback and defensive back. After graduating, he went on to play for Cal Poly.
“Asa was phenomenal on the field, on the track and in the classroom,” said Christian Brothers President Lorcan Barnes. “Reaching that level of success is no accident. It is a thrill for us to see him achieve this dream.”
Jackson impressed NFL scouts by running a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and bench pressing 225 pounds 19 times. He was a four-time All-Great West Conference pick for Cal Poly and was named a Sports Network All-American.