Christian Brothers Graduate Drafted In NFL
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
NEW YORK (CBS13) – Christian Brothers High School graduate Asa Jackson has been drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the 5th round of the 2012 NFL Draft, 169th overall.
Jackson graduated from Christian Brothers in 2008 and played both quarterback and defensive back. After graduating, he went on to play for Cal Poly.
“Asa was phenomenal on the field, on the track and in the classroom,” said Christian Brothers President Lorcan Barnes. “Reaching that level of success is no accident. It is a thrill for us to see him achieve this dream.”
Jackson impressed NFL scouts by running a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and bench pressing 225 pounds 19 times. He was a four-time All-Great West Conference pick for Cal Poly and was named a Sports Network All-American.