Victim Identified In Elk Grove Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A man shot in the head outside an Elk Grove store Sunday night has been identified.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s office has identified the victim as 19-year-old Joseph Oropesa of Elk Grove.
Elk Grove police were called for reports of shooting and man down in the parking lot of Dimple Records in the 9600 block of Elk Grove Florin Road just before 9:30 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found Oropesa with a gunshot to his head. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
According to witnesses, the suspect is a white male, 25-30 years old, weighing about 250 pounds. He has shoulder-length hair, was wearing a black pea coat and black jeans. The suspect was last seen driving a black 1992 Ford Explorer with CDL #3BHF649 that was driven to the location by the victim.
At this time, police do not have a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Elk Grove Police Department.