Victim Identified In Elk Grove Shooting
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A man shot in the head outside an Elk Grove store Sunday night has been identified.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s office has identified the victim as 19-year-old Joseph Oropesa of Elk Grove.
Elk Grove police were called for reports of shooting and man down in the parking lot of Dimple Records in the 9600 block of Elk Grove Florin Road just before 9:30 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found Oropesa with a gunshot to his head. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
According to witnesses, the suspect is a white male, 25-30 years old, weighing about 250 pounds. He has shoulder-length hair, was wearing a black pea coat and black jeans. The suspect was last seen driving a black 1992 Ford Explorer with CDL #3BHF649 that was driven to the location by the victim.
At this time, police do not have a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Elk Grove Police Department.