Small Earthquake Rattles Baja, Mexico
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SAN LUIS, Ariz. (AP) — The National Earthquake Center in Golden, Colo., says a preliminary magnitude 3.8 earthquake struck Baja, Mexico, early Wednesday morning about 36 miles southwest of San Luis, Ariz.
Geophysicist Randy Baldwin says the quake registered shortly after 2:30 a.m. He says a smaller magnitude 3.5 earthquake occurred in the same vicinity after 1 a.m.
There were no immediate reports of any damage from either quake.
Baldwin says there was only one report out of Lakeside, Calif., that someone felt the 3.8 quake.
Baldwin says these earthquakes are very common in the region.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.