Obama’s Reno Visit Brings Out Supporters, Protesters
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
RENO (CBS13) – You can imagine how excited people were in a Nevada neighborhood that President Barack Obama visited days after his historic announcement in support of same-sex marriage.
It’s not every day that the most powerful person on the planet, rolls into your neighborhood.
The president was in Reno touting jobs, but the hot button issue of gay marriage, and the president’s days old endorsement, had the crowd buzzing.
“It was about time somebody came out and stood up for our country. There’s a lot of freedoms and that should be one of them,” said supporter Melissa Vertz.
The question remains, how will the announcement affect the president politically? Especially, in a swing state like Nevada that voted democrat in 2008.
“I think it’s something to keep everybody distracted while he goes about destroying the country,” said protester David Maher.
Just six months from the election, the majority of the crowd was not interested in talking politics, just enjoying the rare moment of a president in their backyard.