Obama’s Reno Visit Brings Out Supporters, Protesters
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RENO (CBS13) – You can imagine how excited people were in a Nevada neighborhood that President Barack Obama visited days after his historic announcement in support of same-sex marriage.
It’s not every day that the most powerful person on the planet, rolls into your neighborhood.
The president was in Reno touting jobs, but the hot button issue of gay marriage, and the president’s days old endorsement, had the crowd buzzing.
“It was about time somebody came out and stood up for our country. There’s a lot of freedoms and that should be one of them,” said supporter Melissa Vertz.
The question remains, how will the announcement affect the president politically? Especially, in a swing state like Nevada that voted democrat in 2008.
“I think it’s something to keep everybody distracted while he goes about destroying the country,” said protester David Maher.
Just six months from the election, the majority of the crowd was not interested in talking politics, just enjoying the rare moment of a president in their backyard.