Santa Rosa Kicks Off Tour Of California
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SANTA ROSA (CBS13) – From coast to coast, thousands of people got front row seats for the first leg of the Amgen Tour of California in Santa Rosa.
“We had to get here early and get a good seat,” said one spectator. “We’re looking for Tom Bunnen. My wife is in love with him.”
It’s eight days of cycling with top athletes from around the world.
And the training was intense.
“A lot of high speed work, intervals, taking care of yourself,” said one racer.
The excitement and nearly 800 miles of scenic California roads make for a perfect ride.
Sixteen of the world’s top cycling teams are taking part in one of the nations largest and most recognized annual sporting events.
“It’s a big American event, really,” said spectator Erica Glass.. Anywhere, it’s huge; it’s a huge deal.”