Santa Rosa Kicks Off Tour Of California
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA (CBS13) – From coast to coast, thousands of people got front row seats for the first leg of the Amgen Tour of California in Santa Rosa.
“We had to get here early and get a good seat,” said one spectator. “We’re looking for Tom Bunnen. My wife is in love with him.”
It’s eight days of cycling with top athletes from around the world.
And the training was intense.
“A lot of high speed work, intervals, taking care of yourself,” said one racer.
The excitement and nearly 800 miles of scenic California roads make for a perfect ride.
Sixteen of the world’s top cycling teams are taking part in one of the nations largest and most recognized annual sporting events.
“It’s a big American event, really,” said spectator Erica Glass.. Anywhere, it’s huge; it’s a huge deal.”