Santa Rosa Kicks Off Tour Of California
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SANTA ROSA (CBS13) – From coast to coast, thousands of people got front row seats for the first leg of the Amgen Tour of California in Santa Rosa.
“We had to get here early and get a good seat,” said one spectator. “We’re looking for Tom Bunnen. My wife is in love with him.”
It’s eight days of cycling with top athletes from around the world.
And the training was intense.
“A lot of high speed work, intervals, taking care of yourself,” said one racer.
The excitement and nearly 800 miles of scenic California roads make for a perfect ride.
Sixteen of the world’s top cycling teams are taking part in one of the nations largest and most recognized annual sporting events.
“It’s a big American event, really,” said spectator Erica Glass.. Anywhere, it’s huge; it’s a huge deal.”