Santa Rosa Kicks Off Tour Of California
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA (CBS13) – From coast to coast, thousands of people got front row seats for the first leg of the Amgen Tour of California in Santa Rosa.
“We had to get here early and get a good seat,” said one spectator. “We’re looking for Tom Bunnen. My wife is in love with him.”
It’s eight days of cycling with top athletes from around the world.
And the training was intense.
“A lot of high speed work, intervals, taking care of yourself,” said one racer.
The excitement and nearly 800 miles of scenic California roads make for a perfect ride.
Sixteen of the world’s top cycling teams are taking part in one of the nations largest and most recognized annual sporting events.
“It’s a big American event, really,” said spectator Erica Glass.. Anywhere, it’s huge; it’s a huge deal.”