Santa Rosa Kicks Off Tour Of California
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA (CBS13) – From coast to coast, thousands of people got front row seats for the first leg of the Amgen Tour of California in Santa Rosa.
“We had to get here early and get a good seat,” said one spectator. “We’re looking for Tom Bunnen. My wife is in love with him.”
It’s eight days of cycling with top athletes from around the world.
And the training was intense.
“A lot of high speed work, intervals, taking care of yourself,” said one racer.
The excitement and nearly 800 miles of scenic California roads make for a perfect ride.
Sixteen of the world’s top cycling teams are taking part in one of the nations largest and most recognized annual sporting events.
“It’s a big American event, really,” said spectator Erica Glass.. Anywhere, it’s huge; it’s a huge deal.”