Magnitude-4.0 Quake In Ocean Off Northern California
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
PETROLIA, Calif. (AP) — An offshore earthquake has been reported along California’s north coast.
A U.S. Geological Survey computer-generated report says the magnitude-4.0 quake struck at 3:19 a.m. Tuesday and was centered 54 miles west of Petrolia, which is about 260 miles north of San Francisco.
A Humboldt County sheriff’s dispatcher says there have been no calls about damage or injury.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.