Magnitude-4.0 Quake In Ocean Off Northern California
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PETROLIA, Calif. (AP) — An offshore earthquake has been reported along California’s north coast.
A U.S. Geological Survey computer-generated report says the magnitude-4.0 quake struck at 3:19 a.m. Tuesday and was centered 54 miles west of Petrolia, which is about 260 miles north of San Francisco.
A Humboldt County sheriff’s dispatcher says there have been no calls about damage or injury.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.