Magnitude-4.0 Quake In Ocean Off Northern California
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
PETROLIA, Calif. (AP) — An offshore earthquake has been reported along California’s north coast.
A U.S. Geological Survey computer-generated report says the magnitude-4.0 quake struck at 3:19 a.m. Tuesday and was centered 54 miles west of Petrolia, which is about 260 miles north of San Francisco.
A Humboldt County sheriff’s dispatcher says there have been no calls about damage or injury.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.