Magnitude-4.0 Quake In Ocean Off Northern California
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
PETROLIA, Calif. (AP) — An offshore earthquake has been reported along California’s north coast.
A U.S. Geological Survey computer-generated report says the magnitude-4.0 quake struck at 3:19 a.m. Tuesday and was centered 54 miles west of Petrolia, which is about 260 miles north of San Francisco.
A Humboldt County sheriff’s dispatcher says there have been no calls about damage or injury.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.