Manny Ramirez To Join Sacramento River Cats
More A's News
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Baseball icon Manny Ramirez will play 10 games with the Sacramento River Cats prior to rejoining the Oakland A’s for his 50-game drug suspension.
The River Cats announced Tuesday that Ramirez is eligible to play 10 games during his suspension and will play them all with the River Cats, the A’s Triple-A team.
His first game is scheduled for Saturday against the Albuquerque Isotopes in Albuquerque.
The River Cats are offering several ticket specials tied to Ramirez’s appearances in Sacramento.
Ramirez is eligible to rejoin the A’s on May 30, which also happens to be his 40th birthday.