Manny Ramirez To Join Sacramento River Cats
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Baseball icon Manny Ramirez will play 10 games with the Sacramento River Cats prior to rejoining the Oakland A’s for his 50-game drug suspension.
The River Cats announced Tuesday that Ramirez is eligible to play 10 games during his suspension and will play them all with the River Cats, the A’s Triple-A team.
His first game is scheduled for Saturday against the Albuquerque Isotopes in Albuquerque.
The River Cats are offering several ticket specials tied to Ramirez’s appearances in Sacramento.
Ramirez is eligible to rejoin the A’s on May 30, which also happens to be his 40th birthday.