Couple Evicted From Sacramento House Filled With Garbage, Cats
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Neighbors in a Sacramento neighborhood got fed up after an elderly couple let their property get to a horrendous and hazardous point.
“Garbage chest-high on the property, so lots of cats, lots of cans of cat food. Sad, sad situation,” said neighbor Gina Knepp.
Animal Control estimates there were at least 30 cats running around the Del Paso Heights property, but neighbors say there may even be more.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if there is probably dead cats in their too,” said another neighbor.
Animal Control says they were called out to the home after concern over whether the couple, who had been evicted, would leave the cats.
The former owner didn’t want to speak to CBS13, but neighbors had a lot to say.
“It just reeks of cat feces,” a neighbor said. “It’s disgusting.”
Neighbors are relieved code enforcement boarded up the home and removed the former owners. They hope it will finally get rid of the stench.