Local 9-Year-Old Completes Alcatraz Swim For Charity
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS13) – A brave 9-year-old girl jumped into the chilly waters of San Francisco Bay Monday to swim from Alcatraz to Crissy Beach.
Jordan Freer is from the town of Lotus in El Dorado County. She completed the 1.5-mile Orca Alcatraz Swim Challenge in just under 55 minutes to raise money for an organization that helps prevent malaria in Africa.
She was the youngest swimmer out there today.