Local 9-Year-Old Completes Alcatraz Swim For Charity
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS13) – A brave 9-year-old girl jumped into the chilly waters of San Francisco Bay Monday to swim from Alcatraz to Crissy Beach.
Jordan Freer is from the town of Lotus in El Dorado County. She completed the 1.5-mile Orca Alcatraz Swim Challenge in just under 55 minutes to raise money for an organization that helps prevent malaria in Africa.
She was the youngest swimmer out there today.