Local 9-Year-Old Completes Alcatraz Swim For Charity
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS13) – A brave 9-year-old girl jumped into the chilly waters of San Francisco Bay Monday to swim from Alcatraz to Crissy Beach.
Jordan Freer is from the town of Lotus in El Dorado County. She completed the 1.5-mile Orca Alcatraz Swim Challenge in just under 55 minutes to raise money for an organization that helps prevent malaria in Africa.
She was the youngest swimmer out there today.