Vallejo Officer Shoot And Kills Chase Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (AP) — Vallejo police say an officer shot and killed a man after he pulled what appeared to be a gun — but was actually a metal wallet — from his waistband.
The incident early Monday morning was the second fatal shooting involving Vallejo police in three days.
According to police, officers looking for drunken drivers spotted 41-year-old Anton Barrett Sr. driving with his lights off. Barrett and two passengers allegedly took off on foot after a car chase.
Lt. Ken Weaver says the officer shot Barrett after Barrett ran at the officer and pulled out a dark-colored metal object. The object was later determined to be a metal wallet.
Vallejo police shot and killed a 53-year-old man on Friday after he allegedly threatened them with what turned out to be a BB gun.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)