Vallejo Officer Shoot And Kills Chase Suspect
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (AP) — Vallejo police say an officer shot and killed a man after he pulled what appeared to be a gun — but was actually a metal wallet — from his waistband.
The incident early Monday morning was the second fatal shooting involving Vallejo police in three days.
According to police, officers looking for drunken drivers spotted 41-year-old Anton Barrett Sr. driving with his lights off. Barrett and two passengers allegedly took off on foot after a car chase.
Lt. Ken Weaver says the officer shot Barrett after Barrett ran at the officer and pulled out a dark-colored metal object. The object was later determined to be a metal wallet.
Vallejo police shot and killed a 53-year-old man on Friday after he allegedly threatened them with what turned out to be a BB gun.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)