Vallejo Officer Shoot And Kills Chase Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (AP) — Vallejo police say an officer shot and killed a man after he pulled what appeared to be a gun — but was actually a metal wallet — from his waistband.
The incident early Monday morning was the second fatal shooting involving Vallejo police in three days.
According to police, officers looking for drunken drivers spotted 41-year-old Anton Barrett Sr. driving with his lights off. Barrett and two passengers allegedly took off on foot after a car chase.
Lt. Ken Weaver says the officer shot Barrett after Barrett ran at the officer and pulled out a dark-colored metal object. The object was later determined to be a metal wallet.
Vallejo police shot and killed a 53-year-old man on Friday after he allegedly threatened them with what turned out to be a BB gun.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)