Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Injured In Scuffle With Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy was injured in a scuffle with a suspect who was tased on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident started at about 3:35 p.m. in the 3100 block of Wright Street in the Arden Arcade area. Deputies tried to stop the suspect on a motorcycle. He laid the back down in the street and reportedly ran from deputies.
During the foot chase, the suspect allegedly dumped a handgun, which was later determined to be stolen, and an assortment of drugs.
The man, whose name wasn’t immediately released, jumped fences, tried to climb a roof and get into a home on Paso Del Campo before deputies used a Taser on him, according to sheriff’s spokesman Deputy Jason Ramos.
He still struggled with deputies ad and injured one in the arm. That deputy was transported to an area hospital and the suspect was taken into custody. Charges against him weren’t immediately available.