Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Injured In Scuffle With Suspect
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy was injured in a scuffle with a suspect who was tased on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident started at about 3:35 p.m. in the 3100 block of Wright Street in the Arden Arcade area. Deputies tried to stop the suspect on a motorcycle. He laid the back down in the street and reportedly ran from deputies.
During the foot chase, the suspect allegedly dumped a handgun, which was later determined to be stolen, and an assortment of drugs.
The man, whose name wasn’t immediately released, jumped fences, tried to climb a roof and get into a home on Paso Del Campo before deputies used a Taser on him, according to sheriff’s spokesman Deputy Jason Ramos.
He still struggled with deputies ad and injured one in the arm. That deputy was transported to an area hospital and the suspect was taken into custody. Charges against him weren’t immediately available.