Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Injured In Scuffle With Suspect
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy was injured in a scuffle with a suspect who was tased on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident started at about 3:35 p.m. in the 3100 block of Wright Street in the Arden Arcade area. Deputies tried to stop the suspect on a motorcycle. He laid the back down in the street and reportedly ran from deputies.
During the foot chase, the suspect allegedly dumped a handgun, which was later determined to be stolen, and an assortment of drugs.
The man, whose name wasn’t immediately released, jumped fences, tried to climb a roof and get into a home on Paso Del Campo before deputies used a Taser on him, according to sheriff’s spokesman Deputy Jason Ramos.
He still struggled with deputies ad and injured one in the arm. That deputy was transported to an area hospital and the suspect was taken into custody. Charges against him weren’t immediately available.