Grass Fires Break Out In Sacramento Overnight
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Despite the cooler temperatures overnight a couple of grass fires broke out overnight in Sacramento keeping fire fighters busy.
One fire started around 2:00 Monday morning near the levy at the end of 10th Street near the American River.
The blaze burned nearly half an acre before crews got it under control.
Officials say the fire was likely started in a homeless camp.
“Usually it’s from the homeless camp and stuff down in here. They either fall asleep at their campsite and it gets into the brush and stuff. Nothing really big tonight but even with it being cool this evening we’re having problems with grass fires,” said Sac City Fire Battalion Chief Jonathan Williams.
Earlier, fire fighters battled another small grass fire broke out in downtown Sacramento.
The fire broke out behind a home but fire fighters were able to put the flames out before it damaged the home.
No one was injured in either fire.