Grass Fires Break Out In Sacramento Overnight
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Despite the cooler temperatures overnight a couple of grass fires broke out overnight in Sacramento keeping fire fighters busy.
One fire started around 2:00 Monday morning near the levy at the end of 10th Street near the American River.
The blaze burned nearly half an acre before crews got it under control.
Officials say the fire was likely started in a homeless camp.
“Usually it’s from the homeless camp and stuff down in here. They either fall asleep at their campsite and it gets into the brush and stuff. Nothing really big tonight but even with it being cool this evening we’re having problems with grass fires,” said Sac City Fire Battalion Chief Jonathan Williams.
Earlier, fire fighters battled another small grass fire broke out in downtown Sacramento.
The fire broke out behind a home but fire fighters were able to put the flames out before it damaged the home.
No one was injured in either fire.