Dozens Of McClatchy Students Won’t Walk After Senior Prank
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Dozens of seniors at McClatchy High School will not be allowed to participate in their graduation ceremony on Friday after damage was done to the school during a senior prank over the weekend.
Students painted on the walls, including some vulgar language, egged walls and spread peanut butter on railings and door knobs Sunday night, according to Sacramento City Unified School District spokesman Gabe Ross. He said 25-30 students were involved in the prank.
One student had to be taken to the hospital because of a peanut allergy after the prank.
Seniors were warned about potential ramifications of a senior prank during an assembly at the end of April, Ross said.
The offending students won’t be allowed to walk during the ceremony Friday but will graduate. It has cost about $5,000 to clean up the school so far and the cost could go up, Ross said.