DEA Raids Sacramento Medical Marijuana Dispensary
Don't Miss This
- Santa Delivers Presents To Stockton Boy And Class After ‘Getting Lost’ Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento medical marijuana dispensary was raided by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration on Monday morning.
DEA agents raided the El Camino Wellness Center at 2511 Connie Drive early Monday morning. They also raided the homes of the center’s executive directors, according to a press release from Americans for Safe Access.
According to ASA, the dispensary has been operating at its current location since September of 2008 without any complaints from the local community.
El Camino Wellness provides chiropractic services, therapeutic massages, peer counseling, and a wide variety of other health services. It has donated thousands of dollars to local charities over the years, according to the press release.
“The community is in shock because El Camino Wellness Center was a model dispensary that had hosted tours of the facility for numerous members of City Council, as well as state and local officials,” according to local ASA representative Courtney Sheats. “There has been nothing clandestine about its operation.”
A protest rally was planned for 4 p.m. Monday at the center. The purpose of the protest was to send a message to legislators about federal interference with state and local laws, according to the press release.