UPDATE: Police Clear Area After Report Of Suspicious Package
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An employee of a midtown Sacramento business reported a suspicious package in a dumpster Tuesday, but police investigated and determined it wasn’t an explosive.
The package was found at 24th and K Street shortly before 5 p.m. Police set up a perimeter around the area. A bomb squad robot was sent in after the item at about 6:30 p.m. and the area was eventually cleared.
Traffic around 25th and K was shut down. Some precautionary evacuations and sheltering were also put in place while police investigated.