Stockton Police Armed With New $300,000 SWAT Vehicle
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Stockton police on Wednesday unveiled their new armored SWAT vehicle.
The new crime-fighting tool cost $300,000, but the money didn’t come from the city’s taxed general fund. The money for the vehicle came from the confiscation of assets from criminals.
The top-of-the-line “Bear Cat” armored vehicle replaced the department’s old one, which wasn’t designed for tactical missions.
“It’s built for tactical purposes, so every part of this thing is armored,” Lt. Eric Ingersoll said.
The department purchased the vehicle last month and has already used it twice.