UPDATE: Grass Fire Contained Near Thunder Valley Casino
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A quickly growing grass fire burned close to 200 acres near Thunder Valley Casino on Thursday afternoon before it was contained.
The fire was burning off of Highway 65 in the area of Athens Avenue. Thirteen engines, three water tenders and one bulldozer were used to fight the fight, according to Cal Fire. Lincoln, Roseville and Rocklin departments assisted.
Fire officials say there was no threat to structures, although a recycling center nearby feared it would have to evacuate.
The fire was under control and crews were mopping up and watching for hot spots shortly after 3 p.m.