UPDATE: Grass Fire Contained Near Thunder Valley Casino
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A quickly growing grass fire burned close to 200 acres near Thunder Valley Casino on Thursday afternoon before it was contained.
The fire was burning off of Highway 65 in the area of Athens Avenue. Thirteen engines, three water tenders and one bulldozer were used to fight the fight, according to Cal Fire. Lincoln, Roseville and Rocklin departments assisted.
Fire officials say there was no threat to structures, although a recycling center nearby feared it would have to evacuate.
The fire was under control and crews were mopping up and watching for hot spots shortly after 3 p.m.