Sheriff’s Detectives Seek Assistance In North Highlands Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) – The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is seeking the public’s help in the investigation into the death of a 62-year-old man killed late last month.
Manuel Reyes was walking near his home on Myrtle Avenue near Polk Street in North Highlands on May 27 at about 10:30 p.m. when he was assaulted by unknown suspects and knocked to the ground. He suffered head trauma and died in a hospital several days later as a result of his injuries.
Witnesses saw a dark-colored sedan with two black men outside the car and a female driver. The vehicle was seen fleeing the area where Reyes was found, heading west on Myrtle Avenue toward Watt Avenue.
Anyone who saw Reyes in the area or has any information about the circumstances surrounding the attack is asked to call the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115, Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, or send a text message tip to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter SACTIP followed by the tip information.
Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.