Sheriff’s Detectives Seek Assistance In North Highlands Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) – The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is seeking the public’s help in the investigation into the death of a 62-year-old man killed late last month.
Manuel Reyes was walking near his home on Myrtle Avenue near Polk Street in North Highlands on May 27 at about 10:30 p.m. when he was assaulted by unknown suspects and knocked to the ground. He suffered head trauma and died in a hospital several days later as a result of his injuries.
Witnesses saw a dark-colored sedan with two black men outside the car and a female driver. The vehicle was seen fleeing the area where Reyes was found, heading west on Myrtle Avenue toward Watt Avenue.
Anyone who saw Reyes in the area or has any information about the circumstances surrounding the attack is asked to call the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115, Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, or send a text message tip to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter SACTIP followed by the tip information.
Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.