Detectives Arrest 2 In Robbery, Shooting Of Woman In Front Of Her Child
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The suspect who allegedly robbed and shot a woman in the back in south Sacramento last week has been arrested along with his girlfriend accomplice.
The victim was walking with her 4-year-child in the 7100 block of Lincolnshire Drive shortly before 9 a.m. June 5 when a silver SUV approached and passenger got out, robbed her of her purse and then shot her.
Sacramento County sheriff’s detectives arrested Antione Estes-Dyson and Akayla Martin, both 18, at their residence in Sacramento on Friday. Both suspects were booked on charges of robbery and assault with a deadly weapon, and Estes-Dyson is also being held on a parole violation.
About 90 minutes after the shooting, the victim’s credit card was used at a department store at Arden Fair Mall. Mall security personnel were able to obtain video surveillance of the transaction and of the suspects’ movement through the mall into the parking lot, where they departed in a silver-colored SUV matching the description of the suspect vehicle.
Further investigation led to the identification of Martin as the owner of the vehicle and driver during the robbery, Deputy Jason Ramos said, and of Estes-Dyson, Martin’s boyfriend, as the shooter.