UPDATED: Sacramento Impaled Man Identified
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It was a bizarre and gruesome scene, Kyle Fortunato, 28, died in a freak accident while police say he was trying to get into his own home.
The man’s body lay halfway through his apartment window.
The scene played out right in front of the busy intersection of Elkhorn and Walerga in North Highlands.
Sheriff’s department investigators say he bled to death from broken glass while stuck in the narrow window frame.
Rumors swirled among neighbors that the man had been murdered.
“It don’t seem like no accident to me,” one neighbor told CBS13. “You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I mean I ain’t no CSI, but I watch CSI.”
Detectives insist this was nothing more than a freak accident.
The man has not yet been identified.