UPDATED: Sacramento Impaled Man Identified
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It was a bizarre and gruesome scene, Kyle Fortunato, 28, died in a freak accident while police say he was trying to get into his own home.
The man’s body lay halfway through his apartment window.
The scene played out right in front of the busy intersection of Elkhorn and Walerga in North Highlands.
Sheriff’s department investigators say he bled to death from broken glass while stuck in the narrow window frame.
Rumors swirled among neighbors that the man had been murdered.
“It don’t seem like no accident to me,” one neighbor told CBS13. “You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I mean I ain’t no CSI, but I watch CSI.”
Detectives insist this was nothing more than a freak accident.
The man has not yet been identified.