Dixon Mom And Daughter Sue School After Teen Denied Entrance Into Prom
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – A Dixon High School student and her mother are suing the school district after the teen was denied entrance to the prom.
Back in April, 35 high school students were turned away from their prom after being accused of drinking before the dance.
Now the mother and daughter are suing to recoup the expenses and compensation for emotional distress.
The school claims the principal did a “sniff test” and determined a water bottle contained alcohol.
Students say the school’s dance policy says students suspected of drinking will be given a breathalyzer test.
But no one was tested.