Dixon Mom And Daughter Sue School After Teen Denied Entrance Into Prom
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – A Dixon High School student and her mother are suing the school district after the teen was denied entrance to the prom.
Back in April, 35 high school students were turned away from their prom after being accused of drinking before the dance.
Now the mother and daughter are suing to recoup the expenses and compensation for emotional distress.
The school claims the principal did a “sniff test” and determined a water bottle contained alcohol.
Students say the school’s dance policy says students suspected of drinking will be given a breathalyzer test.
But no one was tested.