Dixon Mom And Daughter Sue School After Teen Denied Entrance Into Prom
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – A Dixon High School student and her mother are suing the school district after the teen was denied entrance to the prom.
Back in April, 35 high school students were turned away from their prom after being accused of drinking before the dance.
Now the mother and daughter are suing to recoup the expenses and compensation for emotional distress.
The school claims the principal did a “sniff test” and determined a water bottle contained alcohol.
Students say the school’s dance policy says students suspected of drinking will be given a breathalyzer test.
But no one was tested.