Dixon Mom And Daughter Sue School After Teen Denied Entrance Into Prom
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – A Dixon High School student and her mother are suing the school district after the teen was denied entrance to the prom.
Back in April, 35 high school students were turned away from their prom after being accused of drinking before the dance.
Now the mother and daughter are suing to recoup the expenses and compensation for emotional distress.
The school claims the principal did a “sniff test” and determined a water bottle contained alcohol.
Students say the school’s dance policy says students suspected of drinking will be given a breathalyzer test.
But no one was tested.