Microsoft Unveils ‘Surface’ Tablet Computer
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Microsoft has unveiled Surface, a tablet computer to compete with Apple’s iPad.
CEO Steve Ballmer was on hand to announce the tablet, calling it part of a “whole new family of devices” the company is developing.
The 9.3 millimeter thick tablet comes with a kickstand to hold it upright and keyboard that is part of the device’s cover. It weighs under 1.5 pounds.
Steven Sinofsky, the president of Microsoft’s Windows division, called the device a “tablet that’s a great PC —a PC that’s a great tablet.”
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.