Microsoft Unveils ‘Surface’ Tablet Computer
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Microsoft has unveiled Surface, a tablet computer to compete with Apple’s iPad.
CEO Steve Ballmer was on hand to announce the tablet, calling it part of a “whole new family of devices” the company is developing.
The 9.3 millimeter thick tablet comes with a kickstand to hold it upright and keyboard that is part of the device’s cover. It weighs under 1.5 pounds.
Steven Sinofsky, the president of Microsoft’s Windows division, called the device a “tablet that’s a great PC —a PC that’s a great tablet.”
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.