Former El Dorado Sheriff’s Sergeant Going To Prison
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – A retired El Dorado County sheriff’s sergeant accused of stealing from fellow officers is going to prison.
Donald Atkinson entered no contest pleas to embezzlement, elder fraud and perjury charges.
He was accused of taking money from the El Dorado Deputy Sheriff’s Association, where he served as president, and from an elderly victim.
He will be sentenced to five years in prison when he goes back before a judge on July 30, according to the state attorney general’s office.
Atkinson was also ordered to pay $338,348.14 in restitution to the Deputy Sheriff’s Association and repay the $100,000 he is accused of stealing from the elderly woman.