Former El Dorado Sheriff’s Sergeant Going To Prison
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – A retired El Dorado County sheriff’s sergeant accused of stealing from fellow officers is going to prison.
Donald Atkinson entered no contest pleas to embezzlement, elder fraud and perjury charges.
He was accused of taking money from the El Dorado Deputy Sheriff’s Association, where he served as president, and from an elderly victim.
He will be sentenced to five years in prison when he goes back before a judge on July 30, according to the state attorney general’s office.
Atkinson was also ordered to pay $338,348.14 in restitution to the Deputy Sheriff’s Association and repay the $100,000 he is accused of stealing from the elderly woman.