Former El Dorado Sheriff’s Sergeant Going To Prison
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – A retired El Dorado County sheriff’s sergeant accused of stealing from fellow officers is going to prison.
Donald Atkinson entered no contest pleas to embezzlement, elder fraud and perjury charges.
He was accused of taking money from the El Dorado Deputy Sheriff’s Association, where he served as president, and from an elderly victim.
He will be sentenced to five years in prison when he goes back before a judge on July 30, according to the state attorney general’s office.
Atkinson was also ordered to pay $338,348.14 in restitution to the Deputy Sheriff’s Association and repay the $100,000 he is accused of stealing from the elderly woman.