Former El Dorado Sheriff’s Sergeant Going To Prison
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – A retired El Dorado County sheriff’s sergeant accused of stealing from fellow officers is going to prison.
Donald Atkinson entered no contest pleas to embezzlement, elder fraud and perjury charges.
He was accused of taking money from the El Dorado Deputy Sheriff’s Association, where he served as president, and from an elderly victim.
He will be sentenced to five years in prison when he goes back before a judge on July 30, according to the state attorney general’s office.
Atkinson was also ordered to pay $338,348.14 in restitution to the Deputy Sheriff’s Association and repay the $100,000 he is accused of stealing from the elderly woman.