Homeless Man Arrested In Death Of Linda Woman Found In Vacant Home
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
LINDA (CBS13) – The Yuba County Sheriff’s Department has made an arrest in the homicide of a Linda woman who was found dead in an abandoned home earlier this month.
Detectives arrested Daniel Shoats, 31, a transient, in the death of Cheryl Murphy, 41, whose body was discovered in a vacant house on Alicia Avenue on June 9.
During the course of the investigation detectives were able to link Shoats to the victim as an acquaintance with a possible previous dating relationship.
There were no indications that the body had been moved and both Shoats and the victim had ties to the residence. No weapon was found at the scene.
Shoats is awaiting booking on charges of homicide in the Yuba County Jail.