Homeless Man Arrested In Death Of Linda Woman Found In Vacant Home
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
LINDA (CBS13) – The Yuba County Sheriff’s Department has made an arrest in the homicide of a Linda woman who was found dead in an abandoned home earlier this month.
Detectives arrested Daniel Shoats, 31, a transient, in the death of Cheryl Murphy, 41, whose body was discovered in a vacant house on Alicia Avenue on June 9.
During the course of the investigation detectives were able to link Shoats to the victim as an acquaintance with a possible previous dating relationship.
There were no indications that the body had been moved and both Shoats and the victim had ties to the residence. No weapon was found at the scene.
Shoats is awaiting booking on charges of homicide in the Yuba County Jail.