Homeless Man Arrested In Death Of Linda Woman Found In Vacant Home
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
LINDA (CBS13) – The Yuba County Sheriff’s Department has made an arrest in the homicide of a Linda woman who was found dead in an abandoned home earlier this month.
Detectives arrested Daniel Shoats, 31, a transient, in the death of Cheryl Murphy, 41, whose body was discovered in a vacant house on Alicia Avenue on June 9.
During the course of the investigation detectives were able to link Shoats to the victim as an acquaintance with a possible previous dating relationship.
There were no indications that the body had been moved and both Shoats and the victim had ties to the residence. No weapon was found at the scene.
Shoats is awaiting booking on charges of homicide in the Yuba County Jail.