Man Suspected In Girlfriend’s Murder Commits Suicide
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A murder suspect was found dead after a standoff in Sacramento Thursday night.
The suspect was wanted in the murder of a woman, Darrilynn Groth, thought to be his girlfriend in Rio Linda.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department first received a call shortly after 6 Thursday night from someone reporting that a man had killed his girlfriend inside a Rio Linda home and then went to a Sacramento home talking about suicide.
Deputies went to both homes. At a home in the 600 block of Altoona Court in Rio Linda, they found Groth, 54, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.
Deputies also responded to a home in the 1500 block of Los Molinos Way in the Arden Park neighborhood. Believing the suspect was inside, deputies tried to contact the man.
After hours of no communication, deputies used a robot to enter the home and found the man dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No motive into the murder has been released. The suspect’s name has not been released.