Man Suspected In Girlfriend’s Murder Commits Suicide
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A murder suspect was found dead after a standoff in Sacramento Thursday night.
The suspect was wanted in the murder of a woman, Darrilynn Groth, thought to be his girlfriend in Rio Linda.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department first received a call shortly after 6 Thursday night from someone reporting that a man had killed his girlfriend inside a Rio Linda home and then went to a Sacramento home talking about suicide.
Deputies went to both homes. At a home in the 600 block of Altoona Court in Rio Linda, they found Groth, 54, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.
Deputies also responded to a home in the 1500 block of Los Molinos Way in the Arden Park neighborhood. Believing the suspect was inside, deputies tried to contact the man.
After hours of no communication, deputies used a robot to enter the home and found the man dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No motive into the murder has been released. The suspect’s name has not been released.