Man Suspected In Girlfriend’s Murder Commits Suicide
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A murder suspect was found dead after a standoff in Sacramento Thursday night.
The suspect was wanted in the murder of a woman, Darrilynn Groth, thought to be his girlfriend in Rio Linda.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department first received a call shortly after 6 Thursday night from someone reporting that a man had killed his girlfriend inside a Rio Linda home and then went to a Sacramento home talking about suicide.
Deputies went to both homes. At a home in the 600 block of Altoona Court in Rio Linda, they found Groth, 54, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.
Deputies also responded to a home in the 1500 block of Los Molinos Way in the Arden Park neighborhood. Believing the suspect was inside, deputies tried to contact the man.
After hours of no communication, deputies used a robot to enter the home and found the man dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No motive into the murder has been released. The suspect’s name has not been released.