UPDATE: Newcastle Woman Discovers Roadside Trash Bag With Infant’s Body
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
NEWCASTLE (CBS13) – Placer County Sheriff’s detectives are investigating the discovery of a baby’s body on Green Hills Court Thursday afternoon.
At 4:55 p.m., a Newcastle woman reported to a nearby deputy that she saw a trash bag off the side of the road with a foul odor.
An autopsy was completed Friday morning and the coroner determined the age of the baby to be “near-term.” No other information on the baby was released because of the ongoing investigation.
The area where the body was found is an undeveloped subdivision named Green Hills Estates, off of Newcastle Road.
Detectives were canvassing the nearby neighborhoods in search of the mother or anyone who might have seen a pregnant woman in the area recently.
Anyone with information related to this case is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at (530) 889-7800.