Sacramento Motorcyclist Dies After Crashing On Truxel Road
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man died after crashing and then being struck by a motorist on Truxel Road Friday night.
Police and firefighters responded to the overcrossing of Truxel Road and Interstate 80 at about 8:52 p.m. and found the 23-year-old Anthony Fairamitani lying in the northbound. No. 1 lane of Truxel with citizens trying to help him.
Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful and Fairamitani was pronounced dead at the scene.
A preliminary investigation into the collision has led investigators to believe Fairamitani was traveling south on Truxel Road in the No. 1 lane, lost control of the motorcycle, surmounted the median and was thrown into the northbound No. 1 lane of Truxel, according to a police press release. He was then struck by a pick-up truck.
The female driver of the pick-up truck immediately stopped. She was not injured. Alcohol and/or speed do not appear to be factors in the collision.
The Sacramento Police Department asks any witnesses to call investigators at (916) 264-5471.