Citrus Heights Police: Man Tried To Kill Baby In Walmart Parking Lot
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A local man was charged with trying to kill his 3-month-old child after choking the baby in a Walmart parking lot, according to Citrus Heights police.
Daniel Graf, 32, met his estranged wife on Friday night at the Walmart at 7010 Auburn Blvd. so he could visit the baby and the two began arguing about child custody arrangements, police said.
Graf’s wife called police and when an officer arrived and began speaking with Graf, he got angry, threatened to kill his child, and then began strangling the baby, police said.
The officer applied a department-approved carotid restraint control hold that rendered Graf unconscious. The infant was rescued, taken to a local hospital for medical treatment and is expected to recover.
Graf was arrested for attempted murder, causing a child to suffer physical pain and on an outstanding warrant for driving under the influence and on a suspended license. He was taken to a hospital, where he was medically cleared and then booked into the Sacramento County Jail, where he is being held without bail.
He’s scheduled to make a court appearance Tuesday afternoon.