Citrus Heights Police: Man Tried To Kill Baby In Walmart Parking Lot
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A local man was charged with trying to kill his 3-month-old child after choking the baby in a Walmart parking lot, according to Citrus Heights police.
Daniel Graf, 32, met his estranged wife on Friday night at the Walmart at 7010 Auburn Blvd. so he could visit the baby and the two began arguing about child custody arrangements, police said.
Graf’s wife called police and when an officer arrived and began speaking with Graf, he got angry, threatened to kill his child, and then began strangling the baby, police said.
The officer applied a department-approved carotid restraint control hold that rendered Graf unconscious. The infant was rescued, taken to a local hospital for medical treatment and is expected to recover.
Graf was arrested for attempted murder, causing a child to suffer physical pain and on an outstanding warrant for driving under the influence and on a suspended license. He was taken to a hospital, where he was medically cleared and then booked into the Sacramento County Jail, where he is being held without bail.
He’s scheduled to make a court appearance Tuesday afternoon.