Some Homes Evacuated For Grass Fire In Truckee
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE (CBS13) – Some residents in Truckee were evacuated Monday afternoon after a grass fire threatened their homes.
Cal Fire, Truckee Fire and the U.S. Forest Service are combating a brush fire north of Glenshire Drive, east of the Olympic Heights subdivision, according to Truckee Fire Capt. Harwood Mitchell.
The fire was moving in a north easterly direction.
The Forest Service, CHP and Truckee Police Department are providing traffic control. There is no immediate threat to property but the Forest Service and Cal Fire have evacuated residences that were closest to the fire. No further evacuations were immediately necessary.
As of about 4 p.m., the grass fire had spread to about 3 acres and was 50 percent contained.