Some Homes Evacuated For Grass Fire In Truckee
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE (CBS13) – Some residents in Truckee were evacuated Monday afternoon after a grass fire threatened their homes.
Cal Fire, Truckee Fire and the U.S. Forest Service are combating a brush fire north of Glenshire Drive, east of the Olympic Heights subdivision, according to Truckee Fire Capt. Harwood Mitchell.
The fire was moving in a north easterly direction.
The Forest Service, CHP and Truckee Police Department are providing traffic control. There is no immediate threat to property but the Forest Service and Cal Fire have evacuated residences that were closest to the fire. No further evacuations were immediately necessary.
As of about 4 p.m., the grass fire had spread to about 3 acres and was 50 percent contained.