Father Accused Of Choking His Baby Makes First Court Appearance
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A father accused of choking his baby in front of police faced a judge Tuesday.
The only time Daniel Graf spoke in Sacramento Superior Court was to ask for a public defender.
“We’re still reviewing it. We’re going to going over the police report with him in the next couple of days. At that point we’ll make a decision on what we’re going to do at the next junction,” public defender Christopher Hays said.
The 32-year-old is accused of strangling his 3-month-old baby in front of police.
Officers say he went to meet his estranged wife at a Citrus Heights Walmart last Friday. They reportedly got into an argument over child custody and when police arrived, Graf allegedly got angry and threatened to kill his baby. Police say he then began to choke her.
Officers were able to rescue the baby after disabling Graf with a choke hold.
He is being held without bail in the Sacramento County Jail on charges of attempted murder and injury to a child.
Graf, who declined a CBS13 request for an interview, will be back in court July 5.