Police Dog Bodie To Undergo Surgery On Jaw Today
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento’s favorite police dog, Bodie, is having another surgery on Tuesday.
This surgery will involve inserting a stainless steel piece on the lower left side of his jaw to bridge the area that was shattered by a bullet.
After the initial pain of the procedure goes away, Bodie will be able to continue eating soft foods. It’s anticipated it will take eight weeks for Bodie to recover from this procedure.
Bodie was shot in the line of duty on May 19 during a foot chase in the Land Park area.
He was shot in the jaw in the right front leg. In the end, his partner Officer Randy Van Dusen shot and killed the suspect, and Bodie almost died.
Bodie is expected to return to full duty in December.