Police Dog Bodie To Undergo Surgery On Jaw Today
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento’s favorite police dog, Bodie, is having another surgery on Tuesday.
This surgery will involve inserting a stainless steel piece on the lower left side of his jaw to bridge the area that was shattered by a bullet.
After the initial pain of the procedure goes away, Bodie will be able to continue eating soft foods. It’s anticipated it will take eight weeks for Bodie to recover from this procedure.
Bodie was shot in the line of duty on May 19 during a foot chase in the Land Park area.
He was shot in the jaw in the right front leg. In the end, his partner Officer Randy Van Dusen shot and killed the suspect, and Bodie almost died.
Bodie is expected to return to full duty in December.