Police Dog Bodie To Undergo Surgery On Jaw Today
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento’s favorite police dog, Bodie, is having another surgery on Tuesday.
This surgery will involve inserting a stainless steel piece on the lower left side of his jaw to bridge the area that was shattered by a bullet.
After the initial pain of the procedure goes away, Bodie will be able to continue eating soft foods. It’s anticipated it will take eight weeks for Bodie to recover from this procedure.
Bodie was shot in the line of duty on May 19 during a foot chase in the Land Park area.
He was shot in the jaw in the right front leg. In the end, his partner Officer Randy Van Dusen shot and killed the suspect, and Bodie almost died.
Bodie is expected to return to full duty in December.