Police Dog Bodie To Undergo Surgery On Jaw Today
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento’s favorite police dog, Bodie, is having another surgery on Tuesday.
This surgery will involve inserting a stainless steel piece on the lower left side of his jaw to bridge the area that was shattered by a bullet.
After the initial pain of the procedure goes away, Bodie will be able to continue eating soft foods. It’s anticipated it will take eight weeks for Bodie to recover from this procedure.
Bodie was shot in the line of duty on May 19 during a foot chase in the Land Park area.
He was shot in the jaw in the right front leg. In the end, his partner Officer Randy Van Dusen shot and killed the suspect, and Bodie almost died.
Bodie is expected to return to full duty in December.